#girlboss #bosslady #momboss #boss...there's a reason these hashtags are popular, but they're more than just buzzwords. The thought of flexibility/control/work-life balance is very appealing, but the distance between the hashtag and reality can be long and daunting.
Direct Sales offers so many affordable opportunities to dealve into entrepreneurship, and it doesn't mean you have to be the pesky person always trying to recruit or hound people. Direct Sales has come a long way and evolved into a very broad category with so many different options. And really, anyone can do it. If you've ever given a restaurant recommendation or shared your enthusiasm for a new book you're reading...you're basically already doing direct sales.
So, here are my 6 Steps To Becoming Your Own Boss.
1) Dream it. If you can dream it, you can do it. Your Dream is the root of motivation. Without it you cannot be passionate nor authentic about your endeavors. If your dream is to control your own destiny and work in fashion, you can do that.
2) Research. There are tons of choices out there...which company do you feel most confident putting your name behind? Look for a company that aligns with you ~ the product style and pricepoint for sure, but also the business model, investment, business practices, mission, and overall vibe. If you aren't loving and wearing the product you're representing, then you aren't representing at all, you're just trying to sell something.
3) Invest In Yourself. Whether creating a business from scratch, opening a franchise, or becoming a Direct Sale independent business owner, entrepreneurship requires an investment and I'm not just talking about money.
When you decide to Invest In Yourself, your energy, intention, dazzling personality, and unique bundle of talents and skills become powerful tools to benefit your dreams and your future...not someone else's.
4) Define your success. Success is not a one-size-fits-all concept. Maybe success is simply having a way to feed your clothing habit, or earning some income for your child's lessons, or a family vacation. Maybe it's a way to connect with other women and be part of something that feels like you. Maybe it's a way to earn part-time income around your family's schedule, or a path to replacing a full time job. Recognize what your success looks like. That will help you set attainable goals.
5) Plan it; Do it. Ok, you have the Dream, you've done the Research, you're ready to Invest In Yourself, and you know what your Success looks like...now it's time to make it happen. Set goals. Create a calendar of do-able steps to get your business launched. There will be guidance and hand holding along the way, but you are the supreme leader of your own universe.
Nothing takes the place of DOING, and no one will work harder for your success than you.
6) Have Fun & Shine. When we say, "Do What You Love" we mean it! Work should be fun...life's too short for it not to be! The fun factor is the secret sauce and it's what attracts others to you, always. Shine being in your element, helping women look and feel wonderful, and being a part of our KOKOON community!
That's it. Those are my 6 Steps. They're simple but they work.
And I truly believe that when you allow yourself to do what you love, everything else in your life becomes more fulfilling.
I hope you love KOKOON as much as we do!